UPDATE: Uh oh! Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick hasn’t been updated on the new narrative and repeats the old “there are videos but I haven’t seen them” story on NBC.
“Surveillance video from the Boston Marathon attack shows one suspect dropping his backpack and calmly walking away from it before the bomb inside it exploded, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Sunday.
The video clearly puts 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev at the scene of the attack, Patrick said on NBC.
“It does seem to be pretty clear that this suspect took the backpack off, put it down, did not react when the first explosion went off and then moved away from the backpack in time for the second explosion,” Patrick said. “It’s pretty clear about his involvement and pretty chilling, frankly.”
He added, however, that he hasn’t viewed all the tapes but had been briefed by law enforcement about them.” AP April 21st
ಠ_ಠ According to the Gov. they’re “pretty chilling videos”… that he hasn’t seen. ಠ_ಠ
So, now when these videos don’t show up, can the good Gov. be impeached?
Yesterday I wrote about how it was that the FBI came to produce the fuzzy images of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev which they produced to the public with great fanfare on Thursday at 5pm. I wrote that it was certainly odd that they claimed not to know who the boys were since they had already had extensive ONGOING contact with them over the past two years and they must certainly be in their databases which would be searched first after an incident like this. Hell, they live in the area for Christ’s sake. They would have been FIRST on their “to checkout” list. The local FBI agents would have been the ones who handled their case and they would have also been the agents in charge of this investigation.
So why did they have to ask us to identify the Tsarnaev brothers? And what’s more… what put them on the FBI’s radar in the first place?
Today the Washington Post has cobbled together the new official story which focuses nearly entirely on that specific problem because it’s a big, big problem. The FBI has been caught in a lie. And when you lie about the investigation of a deadly terrorist plot after 10 years of CREATING terrorists plots, people get a little upset. And rightly so.
What follows is my evaluation of their new “official story”. It’s a story that whitewashes the FBI’s failure to identify their own suspects. It’s a story that admits they put out the call for help in order to distract the unofficial investigation that was turning up remarkable leads. It’s a story that completely forgets the most crucial parts of their original lie and that is:
- the video they claimed they had of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev planting the bomb which they say is what brought them to their attention in the first place.
- the video of the two brothers standing around watching the carnage and then slowly walking away.
The new narrative erases these all important videos from the history of the FBI investigation. Without these two videos, the FBI has no reason to suspect those two young men any more than the other 1,000 people in the pictures with backpacks.
Then factor in they lied about not knowing who these two were and how much contact they had with them prior to the bombing and what your left with is a damning indictment of the FBI.
For several days an unofficial manhunt was underway with thousands on online sleuths pouring over every available image of the race looking for suspicious characters. The feds themselves fed deliberate misinfo to various MSM outlets, implicating the wrong people like the two high school runners who were called “The Bag Men” by a New York paper and of course the now infamous Saudi national.
“Investigators probing the deadly Boston Marathon bombings are circulating photos of two men spotted chatting near the packed finish line, The Post has learned.
In the photos being distributed by law-enforcement officials among themselves, one of the men is carrying a blue duffel bag. The other is wearing a black backpack in the first photo, taken at 10:53 a.m., but it is not visible in the second, taken at 12:30 p.m.” New York Post
Contrary to what a new Washington Post article claims, these false leads didn’t come from the unofficial investigation but rather from “law enforcement insiders” tipping off the major publications like the Times and CNN. They were deliberately given false leads which left the papers with egg on their faces and the netizen investigators chasing down ghosts in blind allies.
But suddenly on Thursday the FBI announced they needed our help to find two guys who came to their attention via two unreleased videos which not only put them on the scene before and after the attacks, but also showed one of them, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, actually planting the bomb.
“Other footage, still unreleased, shows that the two suspects stayed at the scene to watch the carnage unfold, a federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation told CNN’s Susan Candiotti.”
“When the bombs blow up, when most people are running away and victims were lying on the ground, the two suspects walk away pretty casually,” said the official, who has seen the unreleased video. “They acted differently than everyone else.”
“While video of at least one suspect planting the bomb exists, the FBI had chosen not to release it, according to the official. One reason, according to the official, is that were the media to repeatedly show the suspects leaving the bomb, it might cause some people to overreact if they came into contact with them.” CNN
These two videos are crucial because they are supposedly what put the Tsarnaev brothers on the FBI’s radar in the first place.
Many people, myself included, immediately wondered about why the FBI would claim to have these videos and then not release them to aid the public in identifying the suspects. It made no sense and the claim above from CNN is insultingly stupid.
Turns out there was a reason they didn’t release the videos, they didn’t exist...